Sunday 26 February 2017

Mistakes???

I held a class on Friday night with my regular 3 ladies that come.  We used the Lift Me Up Bundle from the Occasions catalogue, along with the Carried Away DSP from the SAB catalogue that goes with the bundle.  I have cased the cards, which I am doing at the moment until I get the confidence to design my own cards, from Pinterest.  (Thank you to Sandy Mott, Su Moh, Julie DeSuia and Juana Create for your awesome ideas).

On the very first card one of my ladies made a "mistake".  Now I put that in quotation marks because as we all know as crafters, there are no mistakes in crafting, it is artistic flare and we can always make it look like it was meant to be.  The first card is how I had done the sample and the second is Deb's card:


Looking at them you really can't tell what has gone wrong but Deb had stuck the clouds under the holes in the watercolour paper instead of on top.  However she turned the watercolour paper up the other way so that clouds were above the holes and she stamped the sentiment above the balloon.  It is different but also the same.  It just adds a little touch that is her own.

When I was demonstrating a different card I tore a little piece of the Whisper White cardstock on the front and I thought I would add something to it once I was finished but instead of that I covered it with what I already was using on the front of the card.  Once again the sample I had made earlier is on the left and the demonstration one is on the right:


It was just a matter of moving the sentiment and the balloon to different sides and it was all good.

Deb's comment when I showed that I had had to move some stuff around was, "Oh I feel better now that you have made a mistake too".  I told her it wasn't a mistake just a way to make it look a little bit different.  So don't be worried if you think you have made a mistake, it gives you options to just be a bit more creative.




No comments:

Post a Comment